Turn your ambitions into achievements by participating in the International Cultural Service Scholarships offered by Portland State University in the USA. The educational program is accessible for the academic year 2021/2022.
The scholarship is designed to support international students who intend to pursue undergraduate, graduate, Ph.D., and post-baccalaureate studies at the university in the USA.
Portland State University was founded in 1946 and is a public research university located in Portland, Oregon. It consists of seven constituent colleges offering undergraduate degrees and postgraduate degrees in one hundred and twenty-three disciplines.
Application deadline: July 15, 2021
- Institution: Portland State University
- Department: NA
- Degree Level: Undergraduate, graduate, Ph.D., or Post-baccalaureate.
- Available Scholarships: Not known
- To be taken at the USA
- Acceptable Nationalities: All countries of the world.
- Available Courses: Any course area offered by the university.
- Admissible Criteria: To be qualified, the aspirants must meet all the following requirements:
- Students must have a valid F-1 student visa and be maintaining that status.
- Then have a minimum grade point average (GPA) of 3.00 on all coursework at Portland State University.
- Before applying for the program, undergraduate students must have at least sophomore status (45 credits completed).
Method of Application
- Application Process: All candidates are required to take admission to the university. The Application Form should be completed by logging in to WorldLink.
- Supporting Documents: These are the following supporting documents: Personal Statement, Financial Need Statement, Cultural Identity Essay, One sample cultural presentation, and The names and email addresses of two recommenders.
- Admission Requirements: Candidates must have a cumulative (overall) grade point average (GPA) of at least 3.0 when converted to the U.S. 4.0 grading scale.
- Language Requirement: For those applicants that cannot provide evidence of English language abilities, they will be placed in the Intensive English Language Program (IELP) pathway.
Portland State University will provide a grant of $3,250per term in fee remission to the motivated and talented international students.