The GRDC Research Scholarship is designed to support all outstanding international students to study in Australia. The program is funded by the Grains Research and Development Corporation (GRDC) for the 2021/2022 academic year.
The goal of this study award is to focus on innovative analytical proposals that identify constraints or opportunities for growers that promote growth in grower profitability.
The Grains Research and Development Corporation (GRDC) is an international administrator in grain industry research and development. Its main goal is to invest in RD&E to create lasting profitability for Australian farmers.
Why should you choose this program? GRDC aims to encourage Ph.D. students to fill gaps in priority science areas to conduct novel research with impact. The program aims to invest in projects and collaborations that promote profitability and productivity in the Australian grain industry.
Application deadline: November 26, 2021
- Acceptable Nationalities: All countries of the world
- Available Courses: Ph.D. degree in Data & Analytics Framework, or are a subset of the Key Investment Targets in the GRDC Research Development and Extension Plan.
- Admissible Criteria: To be considered for this funding scheme, the aspirants must meet the given criteria:
- The candidate must be enrolling for his/her Ph.D. Degree for the first time
- Then must be awarded a Research Training Programs (RTP) scholarship or comparable
- Overseas students must have enrolled to study at an Australian University.
Method of Application
- Application Process: Candidates are recommended to submit their applications through the GRDC Grains Investment Portal.
- Supporting Documents: These are the following supporting documents:
- Referee report template
- GRS application information
- GRDC Research Scholarship Contract
- Guide: Submitting a GRS application through the portal
- Entrance Requirements: Candidates must have obtained their previous degree certificates with excellent grades.
- Language Requirement: Applicants whose main language is not English must meet the language requirements of the university.
Each eligible student will get up to the value of 75% of the 2021 base RTP allowance rate for up to 3 years. Scholars will also receive these extra benefits:
- $10,000 per year to cover operating costs
- About $5,000 to attend conferences, workshops, or skills will be paid in a lump sum in the year two of study(this is a separate travel expense associated with the GRS Symposium)
- Institution: Grains Research and Development Corporation (GRDC)
- Department: NA
- Degree Level: PhD
- Value of Award: $10,000 per year
- Number of Awards: Not Specified
- Mode of Application: International
- To be taken at Australia